What is Marketing Automation Software?
Marketing Automation is promising increased revenue and improved return on investment by facilitating lead nurture campaigns that provide specific content aligned to the buyer’s needs and lead scoring models that deliver warmed leads to the sales team.
Here the typical functionalities of a marketing automation system:
- Tracking: Capturing user information across multiple online channels (website, email, social channel). The system tracks every single interaction with any touchpoint.
- Contact management: Management of all the user information collected in a central database.
- Lead scoring: Scoring of the potential of a person to become a future customer. Each time a visitor does an action such as visiting a page, downloading a document or reading an email, he gets an individual score. This score is an indication of his potential of becoming a customer.
- Automation of marketing campaigns: Creation of workflows that will send the appropriate information (personalized information) on the proper channel (email/web/social/SMS) based on the behavior of the user.
- CRM integration: Bi-directional synchronization of the information between the marketing system and a CRM. The marketing platform must push data to the CRM (e.g., contact information) and also pull content from the CRM (e.g., sales status).
- Analytics and reporting: Providing an overview of the marketing funnel and performance of marketing campaigns.
How can Marketing Automation help you?
Marketing professionals must make use of comprehensive analytics and segmentation of customers delivered by the marketing automation platform.
- Use automation to deliver targeted and personalized content to increase the level of engagement of their prospects.
- Lead-scoring mechanisms will finally help to identify the prospect to focus on, to succeed and ultimately gain new customers.
Learn more about the Marketing Automation industry (free ebook)
In this free ebook (no email required), we will discuss the marketing automation industry and its competitor landscape.
How everything has started, what are the main vendors ruling this space, and also what are the behaviour of the customers and the future trends of digital marketing.
- History of the marketing automation industry
- Challenges faced by marketing professionals in the digital age
- Characteristics of marketing automation software
- Difference between email marketing and marketing automation
- Trends and innovations
- Macro-environmental factors
- Competitors Analysis
- Opportunities and Threat
Did you like this content?
If you would like to be noticed once something new is happening in the Marketing Automation space, drop me your email.